So, you’ve decided to give a shot at growing a beard. Mostly, you’ve probably either clean shaved most of your teenage years – young adult years, or you have shaped up a very short stubble using lines or fading. Whether you wish to begin this journey with the intention of changing your appearance or simply because you want to see your potential, we will guide you through that task giving you the best advice for the healthiest and best-groomed beard possible.
So what are some basics to be aware of before starting out? Well, there are plenty, but here are the most important things to keep in mind:
- Rome wasn’t built in a day (yes, your beard is as majestic as a great empire)
- Your beard will never grow longer if you trim/shave regularly (more on this later)
- Decide on what your overall goal is (short, medium, long beard?) (bushy, styled?)
- You will experience ups and downs, but the advantages far outweigh the negatives.
- Avoid at all cost: fake miracle growth claims, myths, and others’ negative opinions.
You can get more detail on each of the aforementioned by clicking the Beard Links above, but first, I want to humbly welcome you to the beard community. Whether it is through this site, another site, a group on Facebook, or wherever, I wish you the best of luck in your journey!